Aircon Chemical Overhaul
Living in Singapore means that you have to ensure that your air conditioning unit is checked and serviced as often as possible. Singapore happens to have a tropical climate. Therefore, for the air in your home to remain clean and cool throughout the year, you will need to make sure that the air conditioning keeps running optimally. One way to do this is by having an air conditioner chemical overhaul.
The scope of an Air Conditioner Chemical Overhaul
- The technician needs to start by pumping refrigerant gas into your lock service valve as well as into the condensing unit
- From here, the flare jointing needs to be disjointed. This is then followed by the disconnection of the drain pipe and the electrical wiring located at the fan coil unit.
- Dismantle the fan coil unit from its location in the wall
- Once dismantled, the electrical unit will need to be dismantled from the fan blower, electrical circuit board, fan motor, evaporator coil, and the drain pan
- Gently brush the fan motor surface and the electrical circuit board to eliminate any dust that could be present. While at it, ensure that you check for the presence of any abnormal burnt marks.
- The fan blower, evaporator coil, front cover, fan coil front cover, and the drain pan needs to be chemically washed.
- An alkaline chemical will come in handy for this particular step. Acidic chemicals cannot be used as they tend to be more corrosive than the basic ones.
- All the above parts will need to be washed with tap water before a chemical solution can be injected. When injected, the chemical solution will naturally react with the water to start the foaming process. The process helps in eliminating any dirt that may have been trapped in the inner parts.
- When the foaming process comes to an end, all the parts mentioned earlier will need to be flushed using clean tap water. It is the best way for you to get rid of any residual chemicals from the cleaning process.
- Use a clean cloth to wipe all the parts dry before reassembling the fan coil unit
- Flush or vacuum the drain pipe to clean it
- Make sure that the fan coil is installed back to its position. The flare joint will need to be secured before you can proceed to connect the electrical wires
- A vacuum pipe will be needed to help extract any foreign materials or air that could be present in the refrigerant piping system.
- Ensure the service valve is unsecured before you check for any leakage that could be coming from the flare jointing at the fan coil.
- Once done all this is done, test run the air conditioner. This is a great way to check whether it has the correct pressure.
The process described above details all the steps followed when performing an air conditioning chemical overhaul. It is important to ensure that the chemical overhaul is done correctly and properly as this is the only way to maximize the cleaning effect fully. If it is not properly, your unit is likely to start leaking or become corroded.